Places to see sloths in Cahuita:
- the almond tree in front of the police station
- next to Sobre Las Olas restaurant
- hanging out on the electricity cables in town
- ask the rangers in the National Park when entering to find out where they've spotted sloths that day
- in the huge mango tree at La Casa del Mango
Now, sloths are not static, although they do move very slowly. However, they're creatures of habit and so tend to be in the same places regularly. They're also very fond of almond leaves, so keep scanning the almond trees that grow at the side of Black Beach and the trees in the National Park. You're pprobably going to see them up high as they only come down to the ground to poop every couple of weeks.
If you're not lucky enough to see one in the wild, then take a trip to the Tree of Life to see one of their rescued sloths up close.
Where have you seen a sloth in Cahuita and we'll add your place to our location list?