After a few days of rain, the sun is such a welcome sight. Fortunately, the temperatures stays high and so it is no real hardship. Black Beach, Cahuita (see photo above) took a pounding but this was a real bonus for surfers, who've been hanging ten throughout the high waves.
We woke to pouring rain this morning and by midday, our guests were poolside on the loungechairs or in the pool. It's incredible how quickly the weather can change here. All we need now is for the big waves to pull the debris back into the ocean and take it away!
Here's 8 of our favorite rainy day in Cahuita things to do:
1. swing in the hammock with a good book
2. swim -- you're wet anyway right?
3. get out and animal spot. Once the rain eases off, the wildlife is way more active than on sunny, snoozy days and the National Park trails are empty
4. have a long and tasty breakfast of pinto or pancakes washed down by Costa Rican coffee at Bridgette's on Black Beach
5. watch the surfers at the park entrance from the National Park Hotel with a cocktail in hand and reggae music in the background
6. sleep until the rain stops
7. birdwatch from the sundecks
8. treat yourself to a relaxing massage with the raindrops adding to your calm
What are your favorite things to do on a rainy day on the Caribbean Coast?